Turtle Crawl is new to the rental market and is Unit 191. Click here for a map of Barrier Dunes. We also rent other Barrier Dunes Vacation Rentals--our other Barrier Dunes Vacation Rentals are units 1, 2, 4, 7, 11, 12, 52, 15, 188,, 177, 67, 191 and 91 if you would like to look for them on the Barrier Dunes map as well! None are more than 200 STEPS to the beach! Click here to view all of our vacation rentals-->>: Cape San Blas, FL - Barrier Dunes.
The Barrier Dunes map makes Barrier Dunes Seems larger than it is---Turtle Crawl is about 75 STEPS to the to the beach!
HOW WE FOUND AND FELL IN LOVE WITH CAPE SAN BLAS FL AND BARRIER DUNES:
We have been looking for a beach home-away-from home since our children (now 15 & 17) were born! We have ventured from the Alabama side of the Panhandle to Ft. Walton Beach, Seagrove, Destin, Hilton Head and Santa Rosa without finding the “perfect” place. We love to go to the beach to enjoy the beach and all it has to offer. We wanted a place to return to year after year --- one that our kids would be excited about because of memories of the previous years. Then we found Cape San Blas and Barrier Dunes!
During our first trip to Barrier Dunes and Cape San Blas we decided on the third day that this was it! We loved (and still love) Barrier Dunes because of all the things outlined above, but also because:
- We like all the people we have met, both owners and renters — they are the type of people we would like to have as neighbors!
- There are always other kids for our kids to play with but never a noisy crowd, or the wrong crowd!
- It's SAFE! We love the freedom our kids have to explore the beach, play with friendly and do other things in and around Barrier Dunes without worrying!
- You don’t need to get up and mark your spot at the beach or the pool to have a spot to call your own.
- We can do everything we want to do on vacation without starting the car: Fish in freshwater, the ocean or bay, swim in a pool or the ocean, take our dogs out for a swim, build sandcastles and dig holes, skimboard, watch the dolphins, catch some crabs for dinner, watch a romantic sunset on the beach, take our flashlights out at night and see 100+ crabs in one place, and, if we’re lucky, maybe catch a glimpse of a nesting sea turtle!
- If we want more, we can go out to dinner at a variety of restaurants without getting dressed up, rent a boat or kayak, ride a horse on the beach, take a deep-sea fishing charter, go scalloping in St. Joseph State Park and any number of other great activities!
- Where else can you have a bonfire on the beach, go horseback riding on the beach and have your dogs join you too?
- There are NO highrise condos and no commercialism on the Cape--heck, there isn't even a stop light! We're thrilled our kids can't get a nose ring or tatoo for 40 or so miles--won't be long till they are teens!
Our only hope is that it remains as undiscovered and uncrowded as it is today—we know why they call it “The Forgotten Coast! Once you experience the beauty and pristine Cape San Blas beaches, high sand dunes and friendly nature of Barrier Dunes, you will never chose another vacation destination.
There's no place quite like Barrier Dunes! It takes it’s name from the soft, sugar white dunes sculpted here over countless centuries by gulf shore breezes. Barrier Dunes a gated, gulf side complex located next to St. Joseph State Park which takes up the last 10 miles of 20 miles of Cape San Blas (7 miles has no roads—just pristine beach and bay!) on the St. Joseph’s Peninsula. You will find it quiet and peaceful and way from crowded highways (or crowded anything for that matter!) with only St. Joseph’s Bay and the Gulf of Mexico to crowd it!
Barrier Dunes is a peaceful gated, community offering everything you need to make your vacation to Cape San Blas, FL memorable. Barrier Dunes has been carefully developed with a commitment to preserve this delicate and delightful environment. All units are connected by boardwalks that take you to two lighted tennis courts, private fresh water fishing ponds, two pools, pet stations, a boat washing area and a playground. Barrier Dunes is set up to insures that all homes enjoy privacy, are close to the beach, ocean and amenities! At every turn you will find pristine views of dunes and ocean and woodland that make Barrier Dunes a beautiful place to for your Florida Panhandle beach vacation. Though it is never crowded, you will find a wonderful family atmosphere and kids of all ages!
Barrier Dunes offers a Family Friendly and Dog Friendly enviorneent for you and your family to enjoy time together without a lot of parties or noise! This is just one of the things that appealed to our family when choosing it! Since it is a gated complex and the beach and pool are right there--there is very little car activity and the kids are safe walking the complex or playing!
View of the #1 rated beach in America (“Dr. Beach” Stephen Leatherman in 2002) and the #1 Dog Friendly Beach in the US in 2006! Cape San Blas is regularly ranked in the top 10 US beaches, yet it is still peaceful, uncrowded and uncommercial!
Sunset at the Barrier Dunes Clubhouse!
The Barrier Dunes clubhouse:
Barrier Dunes GULF FRONT pool, one of two pools for you pleasure. 80 steps from our back door!
The second pool and tennis courts.
Barrier Dunes has a playground on-site. New equipment was added summer 2005!
One of the 3 stocked fishing ponds in Barrier Dunes
The lighted tennis courts in Barrier Dunes!