Don't miss the complete menu on the Left!
BELOW YOU WILL FIND: Where to find fresh seafood, Restaurants and Grocery Stores in Cape San Blas, Port St. Joe, Apalachicola, St. George Island, Indian Pass & Carrabelle, Florida and Guest Recommendations on Where to Dine.
There are plenty of great restaurants in Cape San Blas, Indian Pass, Apalachicola, Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe:
(To help you decide where to eat, you will find menu's to many of the area restaurants in the Guest Information book in our Condo--see Cape San Blas Vacation Rentals Amenities Page!)
Cape San Blas / Indian Pass:
- Coneheads. Located .2 miles (a 5 minute walk) from Barrier Dunes.
Enjoy breakfast, or a GREAT burger, among other things, and an ice cream cone. They also have gift items! (You can walk, bike or scooter from Barrier Dunes to Coneheads--even the kids!) Pets permitted on the outdoor benches while you are dining!
- Indian Pass Raw Bar Rt. C-30 227-1670 Wendy says "Our favorite, very informal and the kids love it." We enjoyed Indian Pass Raw Bar--if you can get Gator to shuck a few oysters :-) (Fritz and Cathy, Aspen CO 11/04) The Raw Bar was good--an interesting place (Jeanette and Bill, WI 1/05) Great Place! (Alan and Angela, 5/05), The Raw Bar was "an experience"! Not what we expected! (The Stewart, 4/05) January & February Hours: Thursday, Friday and Saturday: 12-9 p.m. Winter: Tues. - Saturday, 12-9 EST.
- Apalachicola Seafood Grill and Steakhouse 100 Market St. 850-653-9510
- Bay City Lodge Bay City Road 850-653-9294
- Boss Oyster 123 Water St. 850-653-9364
- Breakaway Restaurant Waddell Road 850-653-9988
- Caroline’s On The River 123 Water St. 850-653-8139
- Chef Eddie’s Magnolia Grill 99 11th St. 850-653-8000
- Delores’ Sweet Shoppe 29 Ave. E 850-653-9081
- Old Time Soda Fountain 93 Market St. 850-653-2606. Cute Old Fashioned Store! Has lots of shells, T-shirts and other gift items! The kids enjoyed poking around the shop and we enjoyed our cones too! (The Jackson's 7/05)
- Papa Joe’s Oyster Bar & Grill 301 Market St. 850-653-1189
- Risa’s Pizza 83 Market St. 850-653-8578
- Seafood Reef 511 W. Hwy 98 850-653-9228
- Tamara’s Café Floridita 17 Avenue E 850-653-4111
- That Place Corner of Commerce & Avenue E next to the Dixiie Theatre. Call 850-653-9898 for reservations. Open for Lunch Monday through Saturday from 11:30 - 3:30 and dinner on Friday and Saturday Evenings from 4:30 - 9:00. Opening September 4, 2008!
- The Gibson Inn 57 Market St. 850-653-2191
- The Great Wall 133 W. Hwy 98 850-653-8888
- The Hut Restaurant 426 W. Hwy 98 850-653-9410
- The Owl Café 15 Avenue D 850-653-9888
- The Red Top Café 238 W. Hwy 98 850-653-8612
Mexico Beach / St. Joe Beach, FL: (all area codes are 850 and Mexico Beach is on Central Standard Time!)
- Amanda's Bistro. 2904 Hwy 98. 648-5102. Featuring a European/American style cuisine. Call for reservations for our weekend dinners. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tuesday - Saturday. 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Beer and wine served.
- Beach Pizza 3200 Hwy 98 648-4600
Lunch, dinner and take-out. Outdoor seating.
- Brown Cow's Ice Cream Shoppe. 2802-A Hwy 98. 648-5118
- Fish House Restaurant. 3006 Hwy 98 648-8950
"The freshest Seafood from the Gulf of Mexico"
- Gulf Sands Restaurant 8010 W. Hwy 98 647-5013
- Half Shells 1304 Hwy 98 648-2000
Fresh seafood--eat in or take it home and cook it yourself. Lunch and dinner.
- Kevin's Seafood. Corner of 40th Street. 648-2228.
Great seafood, fish tacos and hamburgers.
- Killer Seafood. 820 Highway 98 648-6565
Lunch and Dinner.
- Lazy Grouper. Highway 98 & 40th Street. Winter hours 3-9 & 11-9 Friday to Sunday.
Specializes in steamed shrimp & fresh oysters. Includes a variety of dishes including non-seafood items. Some of their specialties are freshly made smoked Tuna Dip & the Lazy Tomato Salad (tomato stuffed with crab served on a bed of greens.) They also have TV's for games, darts, beer & wine!
- Mango Marley's. 3104 Highway 98.
Great fried and steamed seafood or enjoy burgers and wings while you watch the big games. Fully liquor bar.
- Neon Palm Bar and Grill. In the Mexico Beach shopping center, down from Ace Hardware. 850-648-1111. Family friendly bar and grill open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Enjoy wings, burgers and seafood.
- Regans Pub & Oyster Bar. 8066 Hwy 98 647-2800
Great oyster bar as well as other fine gulf seafood. Very casual restaurant on 1 side and a lounge on the other if you want to enjoy pool, darts and a jukebox.
- Sharon’s Café 1100 Hwy 98 648-8634
Breakfast and lunch spot on Mexico Beach which features the giant Happy Face Pancake.
- Slice & Ice -- Pizzas & Subs. Highway 98, Across from Toucan's. 648-8222
Pizza, subs and specials.
- Subway Express. 714 Hwy 98. 648-8840
- Toucan’s Restaurant 812 Hwy 98 648-8207.
Serves fresh local seafood, Apalachicola oysters and live Maine lobster. Located on the beach and has an outdoor volleyball court. Fun for the kids! Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Happy hour daily from 4 - 6.
It was so so compared to Boss Oyster and Sunset Coastal Grill! The Shooks 10/05. Right on the beach with an outside sand volleyball court to entertain the kids (and adults)--fun atmosphere! The Jacksons 10/5. Toucan's has live bands sometimes and all you can eat steamed shrimp one night during the week! Definitely one of the better choices for large groups! "Toucan's was another big hit with everyone in our group." The Monnett Family 6/07
- Sea Level Café 8141 W. Hwy 98 647-9920
Port St. Joe, Florida:
- Butler’s Restaurant & Lounge 287 Butler Bay 227-1386 Butler's is closing July 2005 due to progress.
- Hungry Howie’s 418 Monument Ave. (Hwy 98) 229-9222
- Linda’s Restaurant 203 E. 4th St. 227-1109
- Peppers Mexican Restaurant. On Reid Ave. Enjoy some GREAT Mexican food, full bar and big screen TV's.
- Ryan’s Sugar Shack 236 Reid Ave. 229-7121
- Sub Shop 401 Monument Ave. (Hwy. 98) 227-1323
- The Great Wall 501 5th St. 227-9999 Very mediocre Chineese! (Wendy Jackson 1/05)
- Dockside Café (Port St. Joe Marina) 340 W. 1st St. 229-5200 "It has good variety and a children's menu. The kids had fun because they could see the deep sea fishing boats coming in and look at what they caught.
- Sunset Coastal Grill. 602 Monument Ave. (Hwy 98) 227-7707 This restaurant was a little more formal than most restaurants in the area. Would recommend for families with older children or couples. We had the "This and That" which was a collection of seafood and the Pepper Crusted Tuna, both were very good
- Beluga Café 108 Cell St. 227-3500
- Philly's Finest At the corner of 2nd Ave and Reid Ave.
- Crooked River Grill 151 Laughing Gull Lane. 850-697-9070.
- Julia Mae's 1558 Highway 98 W Carrabelle, (850) 697-3791. Julia Mae's is closed! It was many folk's favorite restraurant. It's was a causal, family oriented fish house with awesome home made pies. Maybe they will reopen somewhere else.
Where to buy fresh seafood to take home or cook while you are on Cape San Blas
Allen's Seafood . (850)653-9882. Family owned and operated! We offer fresh local seafood~ Fish, Oysters, Shrimp, and Crabs. Call or E-mail us email@example.com. We pack for travel with advance notice .
We recomment Beachcombers, Butlers, Toucans, The Hut, SUnset Coastal Grill and Owl Cafe (had a burger at lunch..... (Bette Grogans, Kathy Simms and Janice Waters 4/30 - 5/7/05)
Toucans in Mexico Beach was good...(The Palmiscino Family 5/7 - 5/14/05)
Butlers Fisherman's Platter and Carolines Fried Shrimp...(The Maxwell's)
You will find many guest comments in the guest information books of each of our Barrier Dunes Vacation Rentals as well as menus for many of the restaurants!
GROCERY AND CONVENIENCE STORES
Although Cape San Blas is quiet, peaceful and without the dense high rise condo’s of Destin or Panama City, it does not mean that you can't find “the basics” on the Cape. There are 2 outlets on the Cape San Blas, FL for groceries and other “beach basics”:
- Scallop Cove: You can get gas, convenience store basics, general beach and camping supplies, beer wine and some produce. You can also rent anything you need for your beach vacation: Canoes, kayaks, crab traps, fishing supplies, videos and much, much more! Scallop Cove rents grills and diver down flags if you have the need! It also has hot dogs, seafood gumbo and hand-dipped ice cream cones if you need a snack!
- The Tradin' Post: It's near between Scallop Cove and offers much the same as Scallop Cove.
They make their own pizza for carry-out, just call them at 229-8775.
- Piggly Wiggly: If a full-service grocery store is more of what you need, on the way into Cape San Blas, FLyou can stop at the Piggly Wiggly in either Port St. Joe, FL (20 min) or Apalachicola, FL (25min.). Great place to stop on your way in!
The Indian Pass Raw Bar is close by and a favorite of locals! Very casual!
See our other Cape San Blas FL Vacation Rentals in Barrier Dunes -- 5 other vacation rentals!
Return to HOME page